It's so nice to say that summer if officially here. When I think of summertime I think of all the fun things the kids can do together but, more importantly, things they can do
outside. It doesn't always work out that way, though. I will find Landon on the Wii on a beautiful day, and it doesn't bother him at all. Does it bother me? Yes. When I was younger I remember my mom forcing me out of the house on pretty days. Back then that is where we belonged. I don't see much of a change for me. I feel the same way about my kids. Only I have to watch Liam because he's still little. I also remember my mom giving me money and letting me walk to a local public pool by myself at Landon's age. I would swim there for hours without any adult supervision (other than lifeguards). My my how times have changed. It was a better, more trusting world back then, that's for sure. Now I know why my mom did what she did. We all can use the breaks as parents, and she obviously needed hers. Don't get me wrong, though. I will never let my kids do that in today's times.
You know it's summer around our house when there's...
Jumping on the pogo stick:
Early morning hang-outs:
Sleeping in:
Playing sports and riding bikes:
Playing on playsets:
Our child is incredibly brave. NO fear whatsoever.
And, lounging in the cool grass: