4/20/11

this is what happens

This is what happens when we receive tornado warnings and 'take cover' messages from our local Meteorologists late at night. We look dreadful.  It was a long day with the kids for me and a long day at work in my husband's case.  We all pile into our bathroom with blankets, pillows, battery-operated radios, and of course, my camera. Can't forget the camera!  This all started around Liam's bedtime, and with all the excitement there was no way in heck he was going to sleep. Landon had already passed out in our bedroom, so I had to carry all sixty-something pounds of him into the tub. My husband wasn't home from work yet, but when he arrived it terrified him that nobody was able to be found. Baby wasn't in his room, Landon wasn't in his room, I wasn't in my room, and the dog was missing. Aaron started to panic until he heard an itty bitty noise come from our bright-eyed, wide awake babe sitting in the tub playing with shampoo. By the way, I could tell Liam was confused.  "What, no water?" His first reaction was pretty funny.  Anyway, Aaron comes in and says, "I was freaking out that I cound't find you! You all look so adorable all snuggled up!" My thought? Mmmmmmkay. I'm sorry, 'adorable' never came to mind, but 'exhausted' did. We were all up until about 1:30 a.m. Landon continued to sleep in the tub until it was all over and Liam finally passed out when things died down. Our dog? He was the biggest chicken of us all.  All went well, no damage to report.  However, there were people with major damage around us, in different cities - fires and all.  I felt so bad for them.  And, because of the high winds, quite a few had power outage.  It's all good though.  We don't have too many of these 'scares' in this area, so I'm not too worried.  Let's just say that our electric company and insurance companies definitely have their hands full for the next few days/weeks ahead. 


Aaron calming our dog down.  Notice the 'ssssshhhh' expression on Aaron's face?


Meet Peyton, our 'scaredy dog'.  He covered his eyes during the storm.  Does he win the most adorable dog ever award?  You betcha'!


I wasn't up for being in the pictures at that hour, but Aaron had to get the rest of us on camera, too!  I was a good sport.


Photobucket