Then, I thought about where he would sleep and what he would do while he was there. It wasn't fun watching him just sit there with nothing to do. I was sad. Overall, it was better than I thought it was going to be. Granted, he did just sit there, but lucky for us (and for him) he slept for a long time on the bed while the rest of us went out and had some fun with the other boys. And, I needed to get out of the house.
9/7/11
labor day
Aaron and I took the boys out to his parents' house for a cookout in celebration of Labor Day. To be honest, I wasn't looking forward to it being the first outing with Liam. Plus, he got a cold from sweating in the air conditioning. Great. My first thought was packing around the wheelchair. Not fun. It's kinda' like a stroller but heavier.
Then, I thought about where he would sleep and what he would do while he was there. It wasn't fun watching him just sit there with nothing to do. I was sad. Overall, it was better than I thought it was going to be. Granted, he did just sit there, but lucky for us (and for him) he slept for a long time on the bed while the rest of us went out and had some fun with the other boys. And, I needed to get out of the house.
Then, I thought about where he would sleep and what he would do while he was there. It wasn't fun watching him just sit there with nothing to do. I was sad. Overall, it was better than I thought it was going to be. Granted, he did just sit there, but lucky for us (and for him) he slept for a long time on the bed while the rest of us went out and had some fun with the other boys. And, I needed to get out of the house.
Hello, friend!
My name is Andie, the writer of this blog. I am best defined as a dude mom (a.k.a. The Hen), wife and photographer. Thanks for visiting!
Looking For Something?
View this profile on InstagramAndie Zimmerman (@henofthehouse) • Instagram photos and videos