8/11/11

up high, down low

I'll start this off with Landon teaching Liam how to "high five".  Having three boys in the house, I knew eventually this would be something to come up.  It's a total guy thing.  It was adorable watching them, Liam studying his every move and Landon getting serious in his teachings.  Landon patiently guided Liam's hand against his and when Liam slapped his hand on cue, Landon lit up like a light bulb.  There was genuine excitement there, but his face tells the story better than I ever could, followed by a "He did it, Mom!  He high-fived me!".

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


I haven't been taking the kids out much lately because of the dreadful heat here in So. Indiana.  We had some neighbors move in a couple houses down, and the new kids on the block have been eyeballing Landon's play set for some time now.  Finally, they came over and played with Landon for a bit.  But, before they did I took a few shots of my two getting their sweat on.  Landon climbed all over the play set while Liam enjoyed some time down below.  And, Liam is climbing the stairs!  He's getting so big it's unreal.  I sure wish I could slow down time at this very moment.  I love them at this age.  You'll have to excuse my kids' clothes (even though Landon's not too terribly bad).  I had planned on letting Liam play in the sand box for the first time, but when we uncovered it, there were crickets everywhere.  Uhm, no thank you!  So, his clothes aren't exactly top notch.  Still cute, though.