These last two years have been quite a challenge for all of us. We're wondering what could have gone wrong. Why did this happen to us? What exactly is wrong with our perfect human being that I cradled in my arms that day? He is improving every week in therapies, which is comforting. But, to be honest, when you look at your baby for the first time, you are only thinking positive thoughts. You are filled with joy and excitement. You are thrilled to become a parent. In our case, again. The last thing on my mind was we'll have a long, windy road filled with pot holes ahead. We are a great example of you never know what you will get after the long nine months of anxiously awaiting your little one's arrival. It happens to the best of parents and there's nothing we can do to change God's plan. I'm still trying to figure out what that is, but I'm going with the flow and taking one day at a time.
Liam is climbing. I'm sure I sound like a broken record. But, I'm excited to see it. Our toddler is slowly coming out of his shell and turning into something a little more familiar. I love watching him blossom into a butterfly. It's magic. One day we'll get a more definite answer, but until then, we're just going to enjoy the time we spend with him and have fun living life. The most important thing to us is that he's happy. This kid is full of laughter and smiles. He loves to dance, but most of all, he just loves music. He absolutely LOVES being outdoors. He enjoys sitting in the grass while rubbing his little feet over the grass blades. The outdoors gives him room to spread his wings and brings out the best in him. Liam also loves water. It doesn't matter what it is, and as long as he has a moment of splashing, he's perfectly content. I think the part he loves the most is when water gets in his face and takes his breath away for a split second. Pure bliss. He listens. He follows directions (sometimes). He's a bit stubborn. He understands what objects/words are (ball, car, outside, bath, bottle, bye-bye, up, down, our names, his name, water, milk, cracker, light, shoes, diaper, ni-night, walk, no-no, open, close, on, off, belly, dance, etc.). However, he doesn't say them. We're still working on that part. Aaron is convinced he's just being lazy. We'll see. It would be pretty amazing if he just took off and starting speaking in full sentences, as much as he understands.
I guess if we've survived these last two I'm sure we can handle the next 16 plus years just fine, right?
Liam playing peek-a-boo with me.
This is what he will be wearing at his party. We thought we would do a test run to see if it looked right.
Liam's birthday dance.
Happy 2nd Birthday, sweet man!