Here is a family I had a blast taking pictures of. They were super nice, upbeat, cooperative, and so happy. But, all of my clients are. There is something special about each one. That's what I love about my job. I captured exactly what these people were feeling and who they really are. I had a fumble during the shoot, which I didn't find out until later. Please tell me I'm not the only one who has done this. Please? I didn't know too much about this family other than they were referred by another client. During the shoot I said (talking to the Mom), "Your little boy looks just like you, but I think he's a good mixture of you both." They smiled and chuckled and we moved on as planned. Then, I found myself bringing it up again. Only this time I asked, "Do you guys plan on having more of these cute babes?" The Mom replied, "Not anytime soon, that's for sure!". So, I didn't think anything of it, and of course, kept on track. Come to find out, the guy in the picture isn't Gavin's Dad. How dumb did I feel? Pretty dumb. Although, I was a little shocked that nobody corrected me. I met with the "other" client about her wedding coming up and she filled me in. She just laughed. What do you do, right? The moment is long gone. Lesson learned. Keep it simple...keep it simple.
Stay tuned for the Rakes photo shoot coming up...