Landon was picked up by his Grandparents the night before for an over-nighter so he could get to school the next morning. The time was 5:30 a.m. when the alarms went off. I knew it was going to be a rough day having to get up early knowing my little dude was getting tubes for the first time. I was exhausted, but I wasn't nervous at all. In fact, I was actually quite calm. Liam had surgery on another part of his body before, so we were already prepared. Plus, getting tubes didn't come close to what we had to go through with the first surgery. This was cake. We get there at 6:45 and Liam was carried back for surgery at 7:45. By the time I prepared my coffee, the doctor was tapping me on the shoulder letting us know he did fine. They called us back to see him immediately. It was super quick. As we walked back to the recovery area, the nurse was cuddling him because he was crying. For some reason babies under the age of two don't take to waking up from anesthesia very well. It scares them and sometimes they don't like the way it makes them feel. We took him from the nurse and cuddled with him for a little while. He refused to take juice, but they released us anyway. We got home and got ourselves back into routine. He was doing great! He's been back in action ever since!
Waiting to go back.
Getting last minute paperwork completed and stats. Liam also changed into his adorable gown. He was a big hit with the ladies. His chunky cellulite-covered legs were the biggest hit.
Waiting for surgery.
Finally, the recovery room.
You'll have to excuse the 'I just rolled out of bed' look.
Is this not the cutest little face?