So, now that I have that out of the way. We found ourselves using a vacuum cleaner hose to catch the baby mouse and confine it in our removable filter. Again, other than being frightened, it was okay - before and after. I promise. The only things that bothered me during this process was Aaron said he was going to kill it. Again, wasn't having it so he saw it my way. Good thing...for him. The other was dumping the filter outside in the freezing cold while the Mommy mouse was still in our garage. There were a couple of things wrong with this picture for me. 1. The Mom and baby were separated. 2. It was cold outside. I didn't know what to do. Landon's suggestion was to keep it as a pet. Well, this is something that Dad wasn't going to budge on, so the answer was a definite no for obvious reasons. During the time of transporting from Landon's disastrous room to the outdoors, he went off to the dining room to draw a picture for our little furry friend. He drew a picture of the baby mouse, along with it's mom and dad. He said, "This is so he doesn't get lonely." So sweet, but at this point we had already put it outside and Dad still wasn't having it. Landon was very upset and cried a little. I felt like such a horrible parent, much like the horrible person I felt moments before seeing his drawing. I'm still thinking about this little critter, as we speak. So sad. I hope it's okay.
Here is a little video of us trying to catch the mouse. Well, when I say us, I really mean Aaron and Landon. I was too busy video taping this mouse-catching fun and Liam was sleeping. In the video you'll hear me try to crack a joke. I say Mouse Hunters (like House Hunters). Get it? Yeah, I don't think my husband got my humor either. I think he just laughed out of pity. Anyway, I have also posted a few pictures, because that's what I do best. I am not a video person...at...all. In fact, sometimes I forget I am taping. I have plenty of video of our floors, ceilings, table tops, and so on. Very entertaining to say the least. Sorry. So, on with the show.
Our hero.
Is it bad that we used a vacuum? I'm still having some weird thoughts about this. But, I guess it's better than squishing it. The mouse lives!

