After school yesterday we headed home, sat in the driveway for a minute, and then decided that going down by the river for a little while might just be a fun thing to do. So, we backed the car out of the driveway and headed down to Ashland Park. Everything was perfect until we stepped out of the car and about passed out from the heat. Nevertheless, we trucked on down to the park, Landon made some new friends on the playground, and then we moved on to other cool places he had never seen before. On the stroll, I remembered the train tracks and thought it would be something interesting I could show Landon. After all, Landon had never been on train tracks (for obvious reasons), so this was a neat experience for him. But, what makes this even better is that there was a train in motion when we got to the top of the hill. Needless to say, this scared Dad to death. He was waiting at the bottom of the hill and could barely see us. While the train was rolling by, Landon waved, they waved back, and the conductor blew his horn. Landon just sat there in amazement. He was on top of the world.
The Park
Daddy made friends, too!
Liam was a champ hanging out in his stroller!
Me: "Landon, smile!" Landon: "No." Me: "Why?" Landon: "Because I want to look tough." I think he succeeded.
The Scenery