7/30/10

you want me to what?

I have a problem. My problem seems to be that I don't believe in some uppity-up parenting organization telling me how to raise my child or what the best thing to buy is and what isn't. Naturally, the things that you HAVE to buy, according to them, are well out of some people's price range. Helloooo, does recession ring a bell? Right, let me get on THAT! It's such a waste of money when the items I have already are just fine. Let's double and triple our inventory! Wrong. I think that their forums are great, especially being able to talk to other parents about what they are going through in their lives, or better yet, just to get a little info in general. NOT the do this, do that scenario and if you don't your child will be cursed forever mentality. C'mon! Seriously? And, there are organizations out there scaring parents because they said that you can't have this or that in your home. "I guess it's time for a remodeling project, honey, because this or that organization said so." Bull. What next? I mean, really? I can't feed my children french fries because it will give them cancer, or make them cross-eyed later in life? Or, I can't have a toilet anywhere in my home because they may drown, safely locked or not? Yes, these are all exaggerations, but this is how I perceive these organizations and how silly I think they are. Just like the jerks in Washington, they feel that they can control everyone. I'll stick to being an individual with my original parenting plan and a mind of my own. It seems to be working for me for the last almost seven years. When I was a kid, these issues weren't an issue, not even close. And, guess what? We all turned out just fine. Sorry if this offends anyone, but that is how I feel.


Photobucket