6/11/10

summer memories

My summer childhood memories include so many things. Now that I'm a Mom I get to relive some of these things through my little ones, and this makes for one happy Mom. Some things that come to mind are the smell of honeysuckle, lemonade stands, sweet, juicy watermelon dripping down my neck, long bike rides with my little girlfriends, climbing trees, making mud pies with the boys, playing hide and seek and hopscotch, riding big wheels, picking dandelions and making necklaces out of them, sleep overs, swimming, skating rinks, trips to Owensboro, running through the neighbor's sprinkler, playing with my dolls, my Grandma's lemonade, cattails, the smell of lemon-flavored iced tea, family get-togethers and vacations, open gym, gymnastics, dance recitals, playing in my Grandparent's back yard, playing on jungle gyms, long walks, staying with my Grandparents and going out to eat, playing at the church playground, warm summer breeze, church camp, shopping with my Mom, jumping rope, secret hiding spots, play tents, singing and dancing, family yard sales, learning to braid hair, and making new friends.  I hope that my kids are able to enjoy their summers as much as I did growing up.  I want them to look back on our time together and remember how much fun they had.  It's been a blast for me.  If I could time travel, that is one place I would revisit.  Everything was so simple.

Photobucket