Only two days left of school, and Landon is super pumped to get his summer started! But, he was also sad that his kindergarten days were coming to a close. He made new friends, learned new things, and most of all, he loved his teachers and will miss them dearly. He cried today and didn't want to leave. The parents had a choice to leave them or take them home after the program. Well, I chose to take him home since he was only half day anyway. He was so mad at me. It's amazing how attached these little guys get. I suppose some kids could care less because they only have two things in mind - sunshine and water! Not Landon. When we got him home, he was fine, but did shed a couple tears as he told us, "I really want Mrs. Reed to be my teacher in 1st grade, I love her". That was sad, and I had to explain to him that he will have new teachers for every grade. Landon was so cute during the program. The three kindergarten classes came together and sang songs for us parents and other family members. They were precious. Some of the songs were, "Rise and Shine", "Twinkle Friends", "The Weather Song", "If Your Happy and You Know It", Insect Song", and "First Grade, First Grade". At the end of the program, the kindergartners made sure they shouted, "Look out 1st grade, here we come!" It was adorable! I think that's when reality kicked in and I realized that Landon is going to be a 1st grader in just two short months! Wow. I'm scared to blink. Here are some fun pictures from the day.
Gearing up for the program
Landon's classmates
Papparrazi! There was every camera and cell phone imaginable in the place! I couldn't help but take a photo.
All the kindergartners. Mrs. Kist leading the classes in song.
Yay for kindergarten!
The classroom
The teachers, Mrs. Reed (left) and Mrs. Turner (right)
Mom and Dad
The grad
A little something extra for graduation (click to enlarge)