6/9/11

finds

We had to air the boys' sandbox from all the rain we had, and sure enough, Landon finds that it's uncovered and calling his name.  I step out back to notice him smack dead in the middle of it.  Thankfully, it was mostly dried out, but still!  I knew from that moment that it was going to be a pretty messy bath.  Ever try to wash off a sand- covered kid in the bathtub?  Gross.  It takes about 10-15 minutes just to rinse the sand off before you can finally plug up the tub for the actual bath.  But, I'm happy the boys have a nice variety of outdoor stuff to do and it keeps them happy, so I can't complain too much.


Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Then, I find that every kid in the neighborhood wants to be buddy-buddy with Landon.  Why?  Because he has a big, super cool play set in his back yard.  It's funny how we hardly ever saw kids running around until recently.  Poof!  There they were; hanging from the monkey bars, climbing the rock wall, and swinging with smiles planted on their little faces.  Landon really enjoys the company, so I leave it alone until I see it becoming a problem.  And, so far, we haven't had any issues with kids playing on it without our permission.  Right now, it's just a simple case of happiness and having fun.


I walked back inside to find that Liam had awoke from his nap.  I also found that he snatched the dangling strings from balloons that Aaron's customers had given him for the boys.  Liam loves balloons.  He could play with them for hours.  A couple had gotten loose one day while the fans were going.  That was a mess (and loud), but definitely a crowd pleaser - at least for almost two-year-olds.  He laughed so hard, I thought he was going to pass out on me.  Anyway, these are a couple of balloon-snatching still moments I was able to get.



Yesterday we waited until the sun started to settle before heading outside.  It's been hot here, like crazy hot.  Like I could seriously shoot someone in the toe, hot.  There was a slight breeze and the heat had died down quite a bit, making it tolerable for a short while.  Liam also loves bubbles.  He finds them to be very entertaining, and gets very excited when he sees them floating around.  He loves chasing them and popping them, only if he gets lucky enough to catch up to them before they pop on their own.  Landon loves them, too!  We have so many containers of bubbles, I think we're set for the entire Summer.  Landon helped by blowing them in Liam's direction so he wouldn't have to trot too far.  Such a good Bubby.  Landon told me he was Liam's "Bubble Coach".  He would teach him how to blow the bubbles through the hole and then say, "Now, go get 'em, Bubs!"  Landon cracked me up.  I love those moments.





Liam takes a short break while Landon continued to play.  Chasing bubbles is exhausting.