5/14/11

the mismatching misfits

This is kinda' random, but our conversation goes something like this...

Me:  Hey Landon, let's dress in crazy mismatched clothes and take pictures! (told ya I was a kid)

Landon:  Uhm, okay.

Aaron:  What?!

Me:  I think it would be fun, and something we've never done before!

Aaron:  Uhm, okay.  (are you starting to see a pattern of enthusiasm between the two boys?)

Me:  Will you take pictures, hon?

Aaron:  Sure.  (that was a 'I think you're nuts' kind of "sure")

Landon goes to his room and picks out some clothes while I go off into the other room to change into my fabulous mismatched ensemble.  Poor Liam had no chance and didn't know what was about to hit him.  We all walk out of our rooms dressed to the nines (in argyle, plaid, stripes, and funky colors) and Aaron just chuckled and said, "You all actually look adorable", as he gives me side eye.  I laughed and took my crazy looking children out in our front yard for all to see.  Landon took off down the street at first.  I frantically told him to come back because I didn't want my neighbors thinking that I actually dressed my kids like that.  Like anyone really cares, right?  They're kids!  Me, on the other hand, that's a different story.  Kids aren't supposed to know better, but as an adult, I am expected to.  I can only imagine how many neighbors shook their heads at me.  Then the fun began.  This also doubled as my Mother's Day photos with the kids that I wasn't able to get on Sunday.  Poor kids, and my poor husband.  When he asked me to be his wife, I truly believe he didn't know what he was getting into - ya know, one big Sesame Street Show.  Surprise!  I think he secretly loves me for it, and for someone who's going to turn 40, I think it makes him feel youthful.  I always aim to please, and we had fun.


Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug