4/10/11

it's a pool, it's a tub, no....

It's a huge water puddle in front of our drive. Whodathunkit?  What is it with kids and puddles anyway? Oh, I know, I know *raising my hand*, pick me, pick me!  It's the thrill of doing something crazy that you normally wouldn't be able to do in your back yard or the inside your home. Or, maybe it's the fact that you know it's extremely dirty and goes against any and all safety rules we as parents put into place for the kids.  What kid wouldn't want to 'swim' in the street, eh?  You can't play in the street, but you can sure as hell swim in it.  Or, maybe it's just fun. I know I used to do this when I was a kid. I would take my Niece by her hand and skip through the neighborhood bare foot. For the record, my Niece is close to my age.  We were like Sisters growing up.  It was a blast. I even went as far as doing this by myself while it was still raining outside. Yeah, I was a true rebel. I know. I love these little experiences that my kids are finding just as fun or memorable as I did, once upon a time. The whole time they were out there, it's all could think of. So, naturally, I was like "Let's splash each other!" or "Hey Landon, run through the puddle real fast!" or "Let's see who can splash the highest!".  Yep, that was me remembering my childhood, and yes, I am one of those Moms. It all came back to me. This is why I love having kids. It keeps me young, and God only knows, I am still a kid. But, I think now that I am older, they call that being immature. Oh well. I love it regardless what that makes me. 


Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

















Photobucket