3/23/11

perrin park

Wow, what a beautiful day we're having here in So. Indiana! I'm trying to think of things to do with Landon while he's on Spring Break and I'm learning that it's becoming more and more difficult do as the days go on. The clouds were rolling in and little did I know we had a tornado watch while we were visiting the park. Good going, Mom! The sky was dark, the birds were freaking out around us, and as we were strolling through the park, some people mentioned how we should turn back and go home. As if the skies weren't scary enough. We were pretty deep into the park at this point and if turning back were even an option, it would have taken us the same amount of time on both directions. So, we just kept trucking on as planned. I managed to snap a few pictures before I heard thunder. Leaves were flying everywhere, and my hair wasn't doing too bad of a job either. I felt like little Miss Dorothy Gale...seriously. Only I was missing a small dog and some chickens. I began to panic a little thinking that we're a.) going to get zapped by lighting b.) rained on c.) swept away by some F5 tornado or d.) a little bit of everything. We hurried along and made some short cuts through the grassy areas, trying desperately to make it back to our car before the weather got worse. Then, I felt sprinkles...and then a lot more sprinkles. But, by this time, we were at the car and I was loading everyone in. It was beautiful, even though it was extremely windy and dreary with a side of crazy thrown in. Landon thought it was awesome being out in bad weather. What a nut.  By the way, this was Liam's first trip to Perrin.  He didn't know what to think of the water and the ducks.  He was in awe of it all, and very busy studying and exploring his surroundings.


Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug














Photobucket