How we met:
I can never get tired of telling this story because even after all these years I still find it to be hysterical. Aaron and I met at a restaurant in the Summer of '97. He had just come back from college and I had just finished up a Nanny position, in turn, leaving us working for the same employer. I flirted here and there, crinkling my nose up at him in passing. He flirted back. I clearly thought he was cute. Time went on and then I found myself in a conversation with a hostess about Aaron. She was a few years younger than me and maybe a bit shy, but all I knew is that she liked him. Rumors flew. Everyone was talking about how Aaron was gay. As I looked him up and down, I knew something was off. This guy was not gay in the least bit. Gay guys have at least a little fashion sense and poor Aaron needed help in that department. I'm highly convinced, even today, that she started those rumors because he didn't act interested. He did go to Indiana University for music and all, but not a good excuse to ruin someone's reputation. So, the next part of our conversation, to my surprise, would be the start of my life with Aaron. She threw me in to test the waters a bit. I thought if it was meant to be between the two of them, then great. If he liked me, awesome. If he was gay, so be it. But, I had planned on flirting in the process because I could, plain and simple. I chatted with him over the next several days trying to feel him out and find out what team he was playing for. While doing so, I discovered that I was starting to develop feelings for this guy - hoping and praying that he played for my team. One night, I got up the nerve to ask him to a bar, as a friend. What kind of bar? A gay bar. One of my favorites, actually. I thought it was a little ironic given the situation I was in. I also thought if I'm going to know if he's in fact gay, then I would definitely know that night. We danced, we flirted, we drank, we watched the drag shows, and then the moment finally came. He asked me out! Thanks to said hostess, I found the gayest man of my dreams! And, of course, the rest is history.
