Yesterday afternoon I went to MillaNova Winery to check it out for a wedding I am doing in July. I met the bride-to-be's wedding planner and the event coordinators. Everyone is going to be very easy to work with - very nice people. Erica seemed to be a little overwhelmed as the event coordinators wanted to sit down and discuss the details. We think planning a wedding is easy until everyone starts asking a million questions - type of flowers, size and style of the bouquet, colors, who's who, the wedding party, table placement, lighting, centerpieces, type of chairs to use, isle runner, how many guests, guest book, indoors or outdoors, etc. The list is endless. She clearly wasn't prepared. Great folks, I'll admit. They were genuinely concerned about her needs and what she would like to include in her wedding, and very patient. All I'm going to say is everything will be beautiful - her colors are cream, fuchsia, and orange. Very summery. As soon as we walked into the door they sat all of us down to talk flowers, then decorations. And, of course I had my moment scoping out lighting, backdrops, etc. There were so many books. I wasn't the one getting married and I was overwhelmed. Before walking in, Erica knew what she wanted. When she sat down, everything changed. Everyone put in a little something to help her out, which she was grateful for. Her parents died in a car accident, so I could tell she was upset and looking for some guidance for her big day. If everything goes well, the wedding and reception will be outdoors at the winery. So beautiful. I can't wait! Oh yes, and while we were there, we had some wine. Who goes to a winery and doesn't taste wine, right? The Blackberry and Strawberry Blonde were my favorites. Erica bought both to take home to the groom-to-be. Smart girl!
2/13/11
hangin' with the bride-to-be
Yesterday afternoon I went to MillaNova Winery to check it out for a wedding I am doing in July. I met the bride-to-be's wedding planner and the event coordinators. Everyone is going to be very easy to work with - very nice people. Erica seemed to be a little overwhelmed as the event coordinators wanted to sit down and discuss the details. We think planning a wedding is easy until everyone starts asking a million questions - type of flowers, size and style of the bouquet, colors, who's who, the wedding party, table placement, lighting, centerpieces, type of chairs to use, isle runner, how many guests, guest book, indoors or outdoors, etc. The list is endless. She clearly wasn't prepared. Great folks, I'll admit. They were genuinely concerned about her needs and what she would like to include in her wedding, and very patient. All I'm going to say is everything will be beautiful - her colors are cream, fuchsia, and orange. Very summery. As soon as we walked into the door they sat all of us down to talk flowers, then decorations. And, of course I had my moment scoping out lighting, backdrops, etc. There were so many books. I wasn't the one getting married and I was overwhelmed. Before walking in, Erica knew what she wanted. When she sat down, everything changed. Everyone put in a little something to help her out, which she was grateful for. Her parents died in a car accident, so I could tell she was upset and looking for some guidance for her big day. If everything goes well, the wedding and reception will be outdoors at the winery. So beautiful. I can't wait! Oh yes, and while we were there, we had some wine. Who goes to a winery and doesn't taste wine, right? The Blackberry and Strawberry Blonde were my favorites. Erica bought both to take home to the groom-to-be. Smart girl!
Hello, friend!
My name is Andie, the writer of this blog. I am best defined as a dude mom (a.k.a. The Hen), wife and photographer. Thanks for visiting!
Looking For Something?
View this profile on InstagramAndie Zimmerman (@henofthehouse) • Instagram photos and videos





