I have noticed since I have been in the bloggin' world that "word verification" is frustrating and sometimes time consuming. Time consuming? Yes. Those jumbled words/letters are sometimes difficult to read and I sometimes find myself spending a few extra minutes on just one. I leave a lot of comments a day, so this can add up to be a good part of my day. I love leaving comments on other blogger's blogs. I can't express that enough. And, I still do regardless of how they have it set up. If I like something I see or read, I comment. True story. The truth is, some bloggers don't know anything about it. They are completely unaware that they have it turned on. And, while you're at it, turn your e-mail on, too! Come to find out, it's easier for someone to comment on your posts or find out who you are if your e-mail is accessible. It's not shown directly on your blog unless you type it on the blog itself. It just opens up a new avenue for your blogging experience, and it's easier for people (and less annoying) for people who simply like having that option more.
Instructions for Word Verification:
1. Click on settings
2. Click on comments
3. Settings for comments
4. Then scroll down to where you see "show word verification" and select "no".
5. Save your changes.
And you're done!
Instructions for E-mail:
1. Go to your Dashboard
2. Edit profile
3. Check "show my e-mail address"
4. Be sure you have your e-mail listed under "e-mail"
5. Save profile
And you're done!
How it works? This is what I see if you do not have your e-mail set up on your blog "noreply-comment@blogger.com" when instead I should be seeing "abc123@bellsouth.com". I cannot reply to the noreply e-mail because it doesn't exist. I can simply hit the reply button and respond through my personal e-mail. So much easier for all of us bloggers. Definitely faster.
Instructions for having comments e-mailed directly to you:
1. Click on settings
2. Click on comments
3. Settings for comments
4. Scroll down as you did before, but this time you will type in your e-mail address in the box.
5. Save your changes.
And you're done!
Spread the word and please share this button on your blogs!
Grab it by right clicking on it. Save it and then post it!
