12/16/10

simple

Do you remember when we were kids and how simple life was? No responsibility, no stress, and no worries. Just mud pies, climbing trees, and waiting for Santa to bring you thousands of presents. Well, maybe if you were me.  I loved those things!  The biggest decision I think I had to make as a kid was what Barbie was going to wear on her date with Ken.

Well, here I am. I'm a Mom. I re-live my childhood and the simplicity of it through them every day. The good news?  Barbie has retired, thank God.  I would much rather play with Lincoln Logs, Legos, and Tonka Trucks anyway.  I make sure I tell Landon to enjoy his childhood while he can and have fun because in a blink of an eye he'll be loaded with responsibility, stress, and worries. He's seven. He still doesn't totally get it, oh but he will, trust me.

I caught Liam enjoying the simple things in life, such as a cardboard box, having fun with his reflection in an ornament, watching television, and exploring some sort of rubber, stretchy thing that had gotten loose from one of Landon's Santa's Shoppe finds.

I am amazed by them every day. Their curiosity runs wild and I sit back, smile, and think, 'Yeah, I've been there.' In simple terms...I love being a Mom.

What is funny about this is when Liam was born, and finally named, we realized that Liam's name spelled backwards is MAIL.  So, we always say that Liam was a special delivery from Heaven.  How ironic is it that he is sitting in one of my opened delivery boxes?  So fun, and so perfect!  He's also a very smart boy, making sure the slip is correct.  He is his Mother's son, and perhaps the next Santa Claus.  He's pretty good at checkin' lists.






Oops.  Apparently the box wasn't strong enough to hold my robust boy, so it finally gave.
[disclaimer:  No toddlers were hurt during this shot]




Boredom kicked in, so it's on to the bright green rubber thing-a-ma-bob.





Vanity is the name of the game.  First, my husband and his hair.  Then, Landon and his hair.  And now, Liam.  I don't think we have enough things that reflect in our home for these three boys.


Liam's not a TV kinda' kid, yet.  But, when something catches his eye, or ears, he is totally tuned in.







Photobucket