10/23/10

seven

First and foremost, it's still difficult for me to fathom that I am a Mom. I think back over seven years ago and try to visualize not being one. I can't. I am a Mom and there's nothing in this world to change it.  I don't want to.  Now that time has passed and I look at my baby, my almost seven year old baby, I am saddened.  I thought to myself this morning, 'This can't be right.  I just had him.  I remember changing his diaper last night.'  I know what you're thinking.  No, I didn't get my kids confused.  I looked at Landon the other day and saw how mature his features had become and wondered what he will look like as a teenager, or even a grown man.  What kind of person will he be?  What will he choose as a career?  Will he be a good person like we've taught him to be?  Sure, he's a terrific kid now, but how much of a difference will a few years really make, and how does a child change that much to where they are almost unrecognizable?  He's growing up.  He's getting tall.  He has a mind of own, his own opinions.  He can dress himself and brush his teeth.  He can open the fridge and pour himself a glass of milk.  He can work the electronics.  He can speak to me in a not so nice tone when his emotions kick in.  Who knew that my kid would have feelings and could express them to me?  When he wakes up in the morning, as he stretches and yawns, he says, "Good morning, Mom."  Not, "Good Morning, Mommy." in a baby voice.  He's so boy-like now.  I never in a million years thought that he would be doing these things when I looked into his gorgeous greens as he played with Elmo when he was three.  Seven years seems like such a long time ago.  If everything goes according to plan, he'll be leaving our nest, the nest we worked very hard to build for him, in 11 years.  I'm scared to blink.  Landon will be seven on the 30th and suddenly this Mama started to panic - in three years he will be in double digits.  Oh my!  I don't think I'm prepared to say, "I have a 10 year old son." just yet.  Thank goodness I have three more years to get it through my head!  Whether you're prepared for parenthood or not, it's the best thing in the world.  He is such a wonderful son and I am very proud.  Party pictures will come next week!  Fellow bloggers beware. *evil laugh*




 I love his shoes, his filthy bare feet...well, I just love him.


Yay for turning seven!




Photobucket