Oh my gosh, did I
really just type that? Has it
really been that long already? Is it
really here? Oh wait, more importantly...am I
really a year older? Oh my. I guess I better start looking into a 'special' bra and those perfect pair of jeans to give me a 'I never had children' look and put my girl parts back where they should go, pronto! I can't believe that my sweet, cuddly baby isn't exactly a baby anymore, but a destructive (well, we hope not), on-the-go toddler. Toddler? No wait, this can't be right. A toddler? Seriously? I think I'm in need of therapy after typing that word...not once, but three times already and it's
only the first day. Sheesh. Pretty soon, I will be shipping this little toddler (see, it's like word vomit) off to school. Where oh where did my little 6 lb. 4.5 oz. baby go? *sniff* Here we are stepping into a whole 'nother world of childhood. Oh yes, and by celebrating this new world, we have officially ditched the infamous glider chair photos and graduated to more sophisticated photography. He seems to like it. I mean, who likes a boring old chair anyway, right?
Your big Brother loves you very much. He will always have two arms to hold you when you feel scared.
Your smile is beautiful - very warm and contagious. And, when you giggle, we giggle.
Even on your worst days of teething, you light up our lives. We are so proud of you.
Happy Birthday to our precious baby boy. No matter how old you get, you will always be our baby.
P.S. I absolutely love everything about you, from the top of your curly-haired head to the bottoms of your baby soft feet, but I especially love your teeny tiny, dimply hands.