8/16/10

birthday slideshow

 Liam's party was very eventful to say the very least.  Let's see...  We had a monsoon roll in right when the party was about to start - tearing down canopies, decorations, and soaking everything we had sitting outside.  Did I mention that it took hours to get the outside ready?  And, did I mention that it felt like 110 degrees and we were soaked in sweat?  Oh yes, and let's not forget that my poor husband was about to pass out from heat exhaustion from working so hard to make everything absolutely perfect!  Had we known that the weather was supposed to be bad, we definitely wouldn't have made that much of an effort.  The kids couldn't swim or play on the slip 'n slide as planned.  We had an issue with the birthday cakes.  They were all wrong, everything about them.  It was as if I never made any kind of arrangement with my cake lady and it looked as though she decided to do whatever she pleased.  The house was crowded, and even a little warm from all the warm bodies.  That is the last thing you want on a hot, sticky summer day.  We had a surprise for everyone at the end of the party, but because most of the balloons were outside and completely drenched, we couldn't do what we wanted to do.  Maybe next year, eh?  Let's just say that if it could go wrong, it did.  I had never experienced anything like it.  And, I guess there was a communication issue about the ice cream so we ended up with double!  Gah!  See what I mean about 'if it could, it would'?  But, on a more positive note, we made the best of it and Liam got some very cool toys from some pretty cool people.  Landon read Liam's birthday cards and loved helping him with opening his gifts.  In fact, I think Landon was more excited about his gifts than he was.  Here are some photos from the day, and a few extra thrown in for fun.





Photobucket