7/21/10
my bread story
Okay, I am finally going to get down to business on this bread thing and I think it's time to tell the real story behind why I didn't eat it for so long. For those of you who don't know, let me catch you up first. I always told people the reason that I didn't eat it was the simple fact that I had braces and I didn't like how the bread got stuck in my teeth. I don't think anyone truly loves that feeling, so that part is true. It all began when my paternal Grandmother was watching me while my Mom worked or went out on occasion. She had other Grandchildren who would come over during my visit from time to time. Well, my Mom and my Grandmother didn't get along for the simple fact that she was mean to my Mom and lied to both of us pretty much my entire childhood. She had no other options so she turned to my Dad's Mom for babysitting help. So, that is where I went. I also went to my Aunt and Uncle's house when my Grandma wasn't available. So, now that we have that out of the way, I'll get to the point. If my Dad wasn't at the house (which was quite often since he worked, too), my Grandma fed me only bread slices. I would only have about three or four in a 10-11 hour period, or maybe longer. Needless to say, I was quite hungry when I got home. After so long, my Mom caught on since I apparently wasn't the type of kid to raid a fridge, and realized that something was off. She confronted her and that was that. I don't remember seeing her again. Same went for my Aunt and Uncle when I would visit, only sometimes they wouldn't feed me at all. Remember when I said that the Grandkids would come to visit? They were allowed to sit at the dining room table while I had to sit in a dimly lit living room all by myself with my sad little pieces of bread. Well, think of it as living off of bologna and hot dogs for months or even years. Does that sound appetizing? Would you put those items at the top of your grocery list? I didn't think so. Well, that's what bread was to me for many years. It took me back to that place and time when all anyone would feed me was bread, and those memories were not good for me. So, I avoided it for quite some time. Truthfully, I probably didn't start eating bread until about four or five years ago. So, there ya have it. That is my bread story.
Hello, friend!
My name is Andie, the writer of this blog. I am best defined as a dude mom (a.k.a. The Hen), wife and photographer. Thanks for visiting!
Looking For Something?
View this profile on InstagramAndie Zimmerman (@henofthehouse) • Instagram photos and videos