7/23/10

lightning

It may seem easy to catch these suckers in action, but in reality, it's not.  I've always been a second or two behind on catching lightning in the sky, as most people are.  Focusing on something in the sky is key.  For example, during the day the camera can easily focus on a plane or a bird or even a cloud, but when you're sitting there at night and there's nothing in the sky to focus on and because it's extremely dark, makes this quite an obstacle.  You sit very patiently, wait, and pray that you catch something.  And, I think it would've been a lot easier for me had I not been freaked out my the bright light of the lightning, the fear of getting struck by it, or the insanely loud crackle, snap, pop sound it gives off.  Let's just say, it was a bad storm that night and I didn't want to be outdoors too long.  Well, I finally got my glory.  There were plenty more where this beauty came from (meaning, in the sky), but I settled for just the one and that made me happy.  So, now I am sharing my glory with all of you.


Photobucket